- Leads daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budget including actual to budget variances and forecasting of departmental costs.
- Compiles support, researches, records or reviews transactions related to and researches complex accounting areas for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Leads or participates in financial system maintenance, upgrades or implementations.
- Identifies and resolves issues or variances associated with reconciliations, systems and/or reports by analyzing data, researching and recommending solutions, implementing corrective action and verifying results.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and ensures compliance.
- Provides support to other departments by applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Directs, coaches and mentors staff to ensure engagement and productivity levels are maintained; provides regular and consistent feedback and communication throughout the year and during goal setting and follow-up sessions and performance reviews.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedure.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Serves to represent OTC to the general community, promoting the best interests of OTC in such areas as recruiting, obtaining favorable publicity and name recognition, and advancing OTC’s business interests within the community whenever possible.
- Performs other related duties and projects as necessary or assigned.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with others and able to recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and changing work environment with a high degree of detail and sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in general ledger accounting operations functions or public accounting.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com.
Oriental Trading Company (www.orientaltrading.com), is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading (a Berkshire Hathaway company) spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; Oriental Trading, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.