Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP for both internal and external reporting purposes including the preparation of the Berkshire Hathaway financial reporting package.
- Prepares all subsidiary financial statements on a stand-alone basis in accordance with GAAP for internal reporting purposes.
- Involved in the monthly financial closing process and account reconciliation preparation focused primarily on accounts of higher risk and complexity.
- Leads the process of subsidiary financial statement integration into OTC’s general ledger including recording monthly financials and reconciliation of final subsidiary financial statements back to the local entity’s general ledger.
- Prepares and records general ledger transactions as necessary including OTC & Mindware.
- Assists in the analysis of of US GAAP accounting guidance research and application to specific accounting issues.
- Assists in the annual goodwill and other intangible asset impairment analysis.
- Assists in the annual budgeting/projections and performs actual to variance analysis each month.
- Assists in the monthly financial closing process and account reconciliation preparation.
- Assists in identification and problem resolution relating to account reconciliations, transaction processing, reporting and systems issues.
- Will maintain Capital expenditure reporting on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the valuation procedures and purchase accounting analysis related to executed acquisitions by OTC.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports utilized by senior management in strategic business decision-making.
- Execution of ad hoc project analysis while maintaining normal job responsibilities.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Smilemakers and Oriental Trading Company.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Serves to represent Smilemakers and OTC to the general community, promoting the best interests of the company in such areas as recruiting, obtaining favorable publicity and name recognition, and advancing the company’s business interests within the community whenever possible.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two year experience in general ledger accounting or public accounting, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Detailed knowledge of SmileMakers’ systems, Serenade and ABS.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and IBM Cognos systems a plus.
- Detail-oriented and able to work effectively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Able to identify problems and assist in implementing effective solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing work environment with a high degree of detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to perform job duties in a safe manner.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com.
SmileMakers (www.smilemakers.com) is the premier provider of patient giveaways and practice promotion products for the dental and medical markets. Founded in 1977, SmileMakers mission is to make smiles happen! In 2013, SmileMakers was purchased by Oriental Trading Company, the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading (a Berkshire Hathaway company) spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; Oriental Trading, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.