Join us at Oriental Trading, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, where fun means business!
General Summary of Purpose:
As our Collections Representative, you will monitor the status of assigned aging accounts receivable and takes appropriate action to ensure their prompt conversion to cash while ensuring goodwill is maintained with the customer.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows closely, the course of assigned aged Account Receivables and determines action to be taken.
- Contacts delinquent customers by phone, letter, or email to discuss past due invoices.
- Plans and maintains a program for the systematic follow-up and collection of assigned receivables.
- Takes appropriate action on collection irregularities, such as payment discrepancies, adjustments, shipment errors, customer complaints, and inquiries.
- Documents all contact with the customer or action taken in customer collection comments, maintained in the system.
- Obtains approval from Accounts Receivable Manager, Credit / Collection Supervisor, or Collection Team leader on the acceptance of compromise settlements, partial payments, and time extensions.
- Investigates invoices paid short. Contacts customers by phone or letter to determine reason for short pay and follows up at appropriate times, forwards information to appropriate customer service department for credit
- Interacts with customers assertively, yet with tact and integrity, while maintaining a strong and positive business relationship.
- Generates reprints to for distribution to customers for payment processing.
- Consults at the appropriate department level and/or with sales representative, on particularly complex collection situations requiring unusual action.
- Process bankruptcy notices. Search for an account in the company’s customer database, suspend account if located, document filing in comments, prepare account to be written off to bad debt, and file claim if balance exists.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Maintains operational relationship with sales and other departments concerned with collection related issues.
- Handles and safeguards highly confidential data pertaining to collection activity.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains relationships with the Company’s customer community.
- Performs various other duties as assigned by the Accounts Receivable Manager or Credit / Collection Supervisor.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of collections experience is highly preferred.
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- For bilingual positions: effective verbal, written communication and listening skills in both English and Spanish are required.
- Requires a typing speed of 25 words per minute
- Requires a familiarity with general accounting procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal assertively, yet tactfully, with customers
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- PC skills including, but not limited to: working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Positive attitude, “a whatever it takes to get the job done” approach to work
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
Oriental Trading Company (www.orientaltrading.com), is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading (a Berkshire Hathaway company) spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; Oriental Trading, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.