Join us at Oriental Trading, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, where fun means business!
- Receive and process telephone calls, mail and fax orders, and catalog requests from customer in a professional and courteous manner based on current procedures. Perform telephone and mail functions in all Business Units.
- Offer additional items to customers, including, but not limited to: Companion Items, Substitute Items and End of order add on items.
- Work on special projects as needed, including but not limited to completing outbound customer surveys and/or completing outbound calls to customers for various reasons.
- Refer customers to other groups as appropriate.
- Assist customers with issues including, but not limited to credits, refunds, merchandise certificates (expired or not), expired prices, promotions, invoices, new accounts, meter station comments, miscellaneous billing, and reships. Issue Good Will, Merchandise, and Gift Certificates as needed.
- Investigate customer inquiries or order issues and complete related documentation.
- Meet Department production standards.
- Respond to a fluctuating volume of mail and calls.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level and maintain any customer information confidential.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- May be required to perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Assist in the training of new Call Center employees on the computer system and procedures of Call Center operations as requested by a Supervisor.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Requires the ability to accurately type 4,200 keystrokes per hour.
- Sound knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Requires good reading, listening, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively read, write legibly, and speak English.
- Must be able to read and navigate through numerous computer windows in an efficient manner while speaking with customers.
- A friendly manner and high degree of tact in dealing with customers is needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience desired.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time in a repetitive motion position.
- Although position is primarily sedentary, frequent movement may be required.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com.
Oriental Trading Company (www.orientaltrading.com), is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading (a Berkshire Hathaway company) spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; Oriental Trading, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.