Data Analyst - Application Support
Join us at Oriental Trading, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, where fun means business!
General Summary of Purpose:
As our Transportation Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and providing technical support of new and existing transportation management systems. Also analyzes transportation data looking for areas where we can make improvements or reduce costs, makes recommendations to management based on the results of the analysis done.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors effectiveness of the Transportation Management System.
- Refines configuration based business requirements and ensures the Transportation system configuration documents accurately reflect the current state.
- Performs analysis on processes and information associated to Transportation; analyzes fluctuations and trends and makes recommendations to management and/or applicable staff.
- Works with IT to develop and maintain a comprehensive disaster recovery and risk management plan to transportation systems.
- Takes responsibility of the administrative functions associated to the TMS and other transportations related applications.
- Coordinates and conducts end user training and new hire training on the Transportation application.
- Manages the business relationship with TMS application provider and serves as the primary liaison between operations and IT on all issues related to the TMS.
- Coordinates the implementation of all new software and hardware related to the TMS and other transportation related applications, including ensuring that updates are tested and applied in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of interpersonal skills to be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Participates as needed in special projects.
- Available to provide end user support remotely off shift.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice.
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide written communication and follow up to ensure current support on internal systems
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to develop Standard Operating Procedures of software applications that are applicable to the Transportation Management System
- Ability to train and demonstrate all procedures to support manifesting activity for all Oriental Trading Company contractual carriers
- Ability to communicate IT departments (i.e. Network, Warehouse, Data Base team and IT Help Desk)
- Ensure that all carrier rates are current and correct with existing carrier contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three years of transportation management system experience required.
- Strong knowledge of transportation principles associated with a high volume small parcel environments including rate shopping, mode selection, and international shipping preferred.
- Advanced computer experience required to include MS Excel ,Access, SQL, AS400, word processing, and data entry.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
Oriental Trading Company (www.orientaltrading.com), is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading (a Berkshire Hathaway company) spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; Oriental Trading, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.